Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy Sheep Shearing Day

Today our sweet friend Marci took us to Oatland Island for some good times in the woods and some fun with animals.
First were the alligators.
They have bumpy noses.
Viola was loving running down the board walks through the woods.
And I was having an equally fun time chasing after her.
We saw two sleepy foxes.
Then we hit the sheep shearing festivities.  They have three sheep and do it the old fashioned way with hand shears.  I was a sucker and bought her a little sheep made from last years wool.
We also enjoyed some delicious ¢25 cornbread.
Wolves, bison, turtles, and Sandhill Cranes were also spotted.
Viola was enjoying pretending that she was a freshly hatched bird in this giant nest until she was ambushed by these rude children.
It was altogether a lovely day, except for the terrible sand gnats.  Guess who thought it would be lovely to wear a skirt?  This eaten up Mama.  But I think that they bypasses Viola for me so at least she was spared.

No comments: