Last week we packed up the family truckster and headed for Destin to spend some time with the family.
Click here for the album.
We started rather early, as we like to do, with peanut butter sandwiches (almond butter for me, Brian read an article about not eating peanuts while pregnant). I'm not sure why but Viola feels more comfortable with her glasses on upside down. Whatever works.
Click here for the album.
We started rather early, as we like to do, with peanut butter sandwiches (almond butter for me, Brian read an article about not eating peanuts while pregnant). I'm not sure why but Viola feels more comfortable with her glasses on upside down. Whatever works.
Viola decided to love the pool this trip, not so much on the last one. She started jumping off the side, going under, and kicking but refused to wear floaties, a life jacket, inner tube or any other kind of floatation device.
Prater (1 1/2) could not be stopped from jumping in the pool. Don't take your eyes off of her for a second because she will sink to the bottom like a rock.
There was much throwing.
Viola did not want to be left out.
Trey (4 months) sported his swimsuit mostly inside the condo.
And who doesn't love it when the sprinklers come on? Well we did find out that it is grey (recycled) water and they did inevitably come on while some one was at the grill. One night that someone was our very own Jake who was none too happy. The grouper was delicious Jake. Thanks for enduring the dirty water shower to feed us.
Viola and I had some quality time at about 6:15 every morning. This particular morning she enjoyed her first bowl of cereal with milk (almond) all to her self. She kept eating all of mine.
I was in charge of taking Cindy's Christmas card photo of all of the kiddos at some point during the week and since I came up with such a brilliant card last year there was a lot of pressure to make it good. So we made it really special by heading out at 6:15 am to a very special spot that required a half mile trek through the sand. All of the kids loved it, especially the hungry walk back to the cars. I got to carry Prater while Rachel carried our shoes, and Brian carried Brooke and Viola. Fun, Fun, Fun. I'm not going to spoil the card for you now by showing you the photo you will all have to facebook friend Cindy and try to get on her good list for this year.
We also did one of Cindy with all eight grand-children surrounding her. This is the last one I took with the kids in full deterioration.
After a great week of lots of triple fun and even more food we headed back to home with this little tee-tee monster chugging water in the back seat. Needless to say there were frequent potty stops.
Thanks for the great week Cindy. We had a blast.











No comments:
Post a Comment