Monday, May 17, 2010

The Bungalow Spa

We do a lot of playing in the water (usually from the rain barrel) but have not gotten a baby pool yet out of a desire not to buy a giant piece of colorful plastic to go in our garden. But Viola was standing in the dogs water bowl the other day to splash around and I decided that she needed a pool. Enter the galvanized aluminum backyard spa. I thought of the lovely metal water troughs that grace so many pastures and Brian having grown up with a heard of milking goats in the backyard had a knowledge of feed and seed stores so... Off I went today to the farm supply to get my very own trough. They had two sizes, 4' long 4' deep and 6'long 2' deep. The 4' deep one was just a bit too deep for the little one so the cashier and I headed to the car, tape measure in hand to see if the wagon could handle a 6 footer. She asked Viola if we had a horse so I reached in the diaper bag and pulled out her 4" tall polka dot Schleich horse and said "yes indeed we do." Anyway, I think that the Volvo was made to carry a 6' long water trough because it fit with out an inch to spare all the way to the back of my seat, it's a good thing that I don't have long legs.
Now we have room for the whole family in the backyard galvanized spa.
We discovered that it was a bit slippery when filled with water so we pulled out this old bathtub rubber mat that I purchased about 11 years ago and never used. Never throw anything away, you never know when it might come in handy.

No comments: