Tuesday, October 19, 2010

10th Reunion and So Much More

Viola and I headed to Jackson to attend my high-school reunion and spend some time with the family. The trip started off with a 30 minute delay and lots of chasing Viola around the Savannah airport.
I fell victim to the airport gift shop and bought her a plastic crab who got dragged up and down the terminal. Needless to say Viola made lots of new friends.

Viola had her first encounter with a "real" telephone. At first she didn't know what to make of the cord but she quickly caught on to the concept.
We had breakfast at Broad Street.
It was really nice to see all of my friends.
Bailey (my cousin Wendy's son) came over for Sunday lunch and some play time. Viola gave him a big hug. Bailey was not so sure about this.
Viola especially likes Cindy's drill press, and the easel. I know you are thinking isn't that sweet she's drawing on the easel. Nope. She just wanted to unscrew the thing and take it apart. She gets that from her father.
On Monday Wendy and I took the kids to the Mississippi State Fair. It was cow day.
We saw lots of cows.

But this one was the best cow of them all. Apparently.
Bailey rode on a horse for $5. I also paid $5 for Viola to ride on a horse but she was not so keen of the idea. But the nice thing is that if your child refuses to ride the horse the nice carnival man gives you your $5 back.
We hit the petting zoo. Viola saw a zebra. She was pretty excited.
Then, the Big Slide. I made wendy go first. Bailey seemed unfazed but Viola had a different reaction. I have fond childhood memories of going down the big slide on a piece of burlap. I'm not sure that Viola will feel the same.

On the first leg of the journey home Viola got to have her own seat.
She shared it with all of her friends.


No comments: