We started our day with some not so delicious breakfast with a supremely fantastic view on the porch at the North Rim Lodge. Delightful.
Click here to view an album of day 7.
Click here to view an album of day 7.
Then we hit the gift shop. Brian and I each got a pair of Grand Canyon Hiking socks as we were both out of clean ones. And on to see the Canyon.Here I go out onto a the edge of a precipice with Viola strapped to me. It's so comforting when you can't see the bottom of the canyon.
We finally found something that Viola would keep on her head the last day of our trip. It is a topographical map of the canyon on a scarf. Very stylish.

After driving all over the North Rim of the canyon we stopped at the Kaibab Lodge to grab some lunch before heading toward Vegas. It was a charming little place built in the 1920's. We enjoyed some burgers (Brian's beef and mine veggie) and a home baked cookie in the relaxed atmosphere before being in the car for about 5 hours.
We also took some time to walk amongst the Aspens. Something that I had been wanting to do all week as we drove through several aspen forests. They are so beautiful. We gave one a hug. Yep, I'm a tree hugger.
As we headed toward Las Vegas I dreaded to exchange of our natural beauty surroundings for garish flashiness. It was a pleasant drive, revisiting the Virgin River Gorge, interesting black rocks, and the Joshua Trees that we had seen on the way out the week before.
Vegas wasn't all bad. Viola really enjoyed the Chihuly in the lobby of the Bellagio. We walked around, saw the fountains dance, the botanical garden, and saw all of the fancy restaurants. Then Viola fell apart. Whats for dinner? Room service.



No comments:
Post a Comment