Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snow!

 We spent Christmas in Virginia this year with Brian's Mom and friends.  It was wonderful.  And did I mention that it snowed?
Here we are getting layered up to head out into the snow.  There was about 3 inches on the ground when we arrived.
 I demonstrated my snow-angel technique to Viola.
 Then she gave it a go.  I'm not quite sure that she loves snow angels just yet.
 
 I love the snow.
 Papa showed her how to make a snow ball.  Then he threw it.
 Viola discovered that snow is yummy.
 It is so pretty there.
  We trudged through the snow across Rose's yard to pick our the perfect Christmas tree.  There it is.
 Viola demonstrates trudging.
 Brian and Rose under the fruit trees.
 Grandma and Viola.
 The family in the snow.  We look good surrounded by white.
 Christmas day presented us with a few more inches of fluffy white snow.
Here we are letting the flash show off the falling snow.
 I think that Viola really liked it.  We will require snow every Christmas in Virginia from now on.
 Hee Hee.
 Rose's back yard looking like a winter wonderland.

Headed back out into the snow for fun, fun, fun.

 Viola was a bit unsure about the sled.
 We talked her into giving it a try on her own.
  I can't say that she loved it.
 But she does look cute just standing in the snow.
 Exhibit B
I did manage to get Viola to go down the big hill with me.  She did not cry, so she must have liked it.
Later I showed her the video on my camera and she was really excited about it and said that she liked sledding but would always reply with a definitive "no" when asked if she wanted to go again.

 Back inside for some warm beverage and chips.  Viola really likes Christmas at Grandma's.

No comments: