Due to extenuating circumstances we never got around to decorating and enjoying the cake on the actual birthday so it was for lunch the next day that we prepared the celebration.
While we waited for Papa to get home for lunch we decorated a "2" for the cake.
Viola got a little brown on her face.
She always puts the top back on the marker.
Papa lit the candles while Viola waited with great anticipation.
Papa also helped blow out the candles. I asked Viola if she would rather have two candles or lots and she said "lots". Anna got her some sparkler candles for a birthday present. They were pretty spectacular.
She dove right in.
I'm not going to lie, the cake was pretty delicious. Moist chocolate cake with banana marshmallow filling and chocolate ganache topping. Yum. I have found myself waiting until Viola goes to sleep so that I can have a big slice at night. Is that bad?
We also enjoyed another of Viola's favorites, stuffed grape leaves. You may call them dolma or dolmades depending on your country of origin but we just call them yummmmm.
Then Papa got a big birthday-girl hug.










No comments:
Post a Comment